November 28, 2007

Meet "Eat Pray Love's" Richard from Texas


Elizabeth met Richard at the Ashram in India. His real name is Richard Vogt and we all got to met him when he appeared with Elizabeth on Oprah.

About meeting Elizabeth he told Oprah "Well, she seemed like a combination of Henny Penny and Chatty Cathy.

"She had these issues of a lifetime swirling around her head like flies. And she was just kind of going around as if they weren't even there but yet trying to swat them away at the same time...

"It was the perfect thing to be happening to her. It was the perfect time for it to be happening, the perfect place."

About being featured in "Eat Pray Love" Richard from Texas he added:

"I knew she was writing this book, but I didn't realize what that meant. I didn't realize talking to a writer who is writing a book is like talking to a reporter. And things are being written down that I forgot I've said or situations that I forgot about. Suddenly I read it in a book and I go, 'Oh, my god. She
was writing a book.'"